A RIVETING EVOLUTION OF CONTRACTUAL LAWS AND OBLIGATIONS IN MODERN ERA
By Isha Mishra & Som Dutt Vyas
In the contemporary era, carrying out Contractual obligations and laws which are bound to govern and overhaul the global industries is of utmost importance. In addition to this legal set of rules are an effective means to combat arbitrariness and to avoid fraud in any sense. It is the sacrosanct duty for legal fraternity to embark upon the certain mechanism to enhance the performance and outreach of such contractual relationships which range from being trifling to being that of much incidental approach
Our paper will include certain key elements, through which we will try to shed some light on the emerging trends and issues in contractual relationship. These pointers being: –
Evolution of Contracts as a subject of Law.
Contemporary and Historical aspects of Contractual obligations and relevant Laws.
- Effectiveness of the current Contractual obligations and Laws.
- Certain case studies and landmark case laws in the evolution of mechanism of laws related to Contracts.
- Effectiveness of the remedy of Substituted Performance under Specific Relief (Amendment) Act, 2018.
- Specific Performance as a rule rather than an exception.
- Substantial Performance as an effective defence.
- Further reforms in Reference to Laws pertaining to performance of contracts.
Lastly through this paper we would be adding quintessential aspects of nuanced jurisprudence in the realm of ever-growing Contractual Relationships.
©2020- Lex Humanitariae: Journal for a Change